Saturday
2024-04-20
6:04 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS Main | Blocking for buildings - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Blocking for buildings
Blocking for buildings
HWKStonewallDate: Sunday, 2011-09-11, 10:03 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
The only way I know to apply blocking to buildings is to use PiX.exe to acquire sets of coordinates and then type them into an MD file. This is obviously, very tedious. Does anybody know another better way to apply blocking to buildings? Would a be possible to use scripting to make this process easier?

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Sunday, 2011-09-11, 12:33 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Administrators
Don't type them, that's the hard way! What you do is click on all of the coordiantes/blocks that you want, then in the right menu click "Export String" this copies the numbers/block points to the clipboard, now you can just paste them into your .MD file.
You would be mad to type them manually! Especially considering with some buildings there are literally hundreds of blockpoints! biggrin

HWKStonewallDate: Sunday, 2011-09-11, 6:42 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
That makes more sense. biggrin However, I think I have tried something like that and the coordinates that I typed looked different than the ones from "export string".

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Monday, 2011-09-12, 3:29 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
In what way do they look different?

HWKStonewallDate: Thursday, 2011-09-22, 9:22 AM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
They are not normal two-number coordinates. Also, HWK Michael told me that the ONLY to do blocking is to type the coordinates manually. Have you ever successfully added blocking with "export string"?

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Friday, 2011-09-23, 3:25 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
Quote (HWKStonewall)
They are not normal two-number coordinates. Also, HWK Michael told me that the ONLY to do blocking is to type the coordinates manually. Have you ever successfully added blocking with "export string"?

No I haven't needed to as of yet, but I don't see why there would be a problem using the export string, the exported string appears to be the correct format (starts with the number count e.g. how many coordinates) and then it lists all the coordinates.

Perhaps the generated string needs to be modified in some way, but I don't believe you would need to manually type them out, hopefully he can answer when he comes on next.

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Blocking for buildings
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Free web hostinguCoz