Welcome Guest | RSS Main | Artillery - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Artillery
Artillery
HWKStonewallDate: Sunday, 2011-12-11, 11:23 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Is it possible to give cannons the ability to rout? How about melee?

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Tuesday, 2012-01-03, 5:17 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Administrators
Routing you can have, you would set the fear factors, but it wouldn't look right because the cannon moves so slow, and if they were routing they would hardly be pushing the cannon as the ran, they would just flee, there isn't a way to do the routing without them pushing the cannon as when a unit routs in the game the move/walk animation is used. You could change this if you modded the source code but you need extensive C language knowledge
Yes you can have a melee for the Cannons, but it would look quite odd if they were all swinging swords but were not right up close to the enemy unit they are attacking, they would be swinging swords into thin air.

DrouetDate: Thursday, 2012-01-05, 9:27 PM | Message # 3
Private
Hello. Cannons in acfb are passive. Even when enemy fire hits them, they will not return fire. Is there any possibility to chnge it?

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Friday, 2012-01-06, 3:24 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
Quote (Drouet)
Hello. Cannons in acfb are passive. Even when enemy fire hits them, they will not return fire. Is there any possibility to chnge it?

I believe so, I'm not sure if it is a bug, or has been deliberately done, it could be something simple in the .MD file. There may have been a reason for this, remember in Cossacks Cannons, & Howitzers would auto fire. You could try and compare the .MD file from the Cannon in Cossacks and the .MD file from the one in American Conquest, that would give you some idea as to what might control this. Even units such as an Aztec Archer from American Conquest will fire back if they are hit with enemy fire.

DrouetDate: Saturday, 2012-01-07, 2:37 AM | Message # 5
Private
I had the same idea - compared,changed some stats, but nothing is worked. In Imperia or napoleonic ACFB cannons fire back automaticaly. Ok thanks fo reply.

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Saturday, 2012-01-07, 9:34 AM | Message # 6
Colonel
I can have a look into it for you if you like, I just struggle for time at the moment because it's Summer time over here when we get such nice weather the beach is always calling biggrin cool
I do a lot more modding in the Winter time.

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Artillery
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Free web hostinguCoz