Friday
2024-04-19
11:37 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS Main | American Source Code Has Arrived!!!! - Page 2 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » American Conquest » Sword & Arrow: European Wars mod » American Source Code Has Arrived!!!!
American Source Code Has Arrived!!!!
Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Saturday, 2011-10-01, 3:22 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Administrators
Drum roll!......
After some discussions, I now officially have the American Conquest sources!! This is a massive, massive development not just for the Sword And Arrow mod but for RTS fans in general! We can now not only add new features to the game, but also fix bugs and issues! I am very excited that I can now add any features I wish to the game (within my programming limits). On goes my programming hat, I have much to learn!

I must also stress that the source code is not just available to anyone, I have given my word on this, the source code cannot be used for any commercial development, it has been provided as is to assist fans of the game that wish to develop the game or mods further, all this work must be provided free to any end user, under no circumstances can any commercial gain be made from this, this game engine and source code are protected by copyright and international law.

If anyone is interested in developing the dmcr v2 engine further or would like to help out with the Sword & Arrow mod, or is developing there own mod please let me know!

Please also note that we only want this kind of information to remain within the Cossacks & American Conquest community, we don't want the whole world to know about this for obvious reasons, please feel free to let any of the Cossacks & American Conquest forums know, but please limit to these only.

One last point, the biggest factor also is I would love it to be a shared resource, I'm hoping that anyone who develops new features for the game shares this with fellow modders and not keep it themselves, I will develop features and will share them with everyone, I am hoping others will do the same.

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Sunday, 2015-05-31, 7:48 AM | Message # 16
Colonel
Quote gurebaiyesar ()
hello Im working a new mod for 2 months.(I have some free time after finishing a year of military service) . Im planing to do seperate mods of 18'th century and 17'th century..most of work finished (17 century mod) I had little knowledge about c++ in the start.. but after 2 weeks I understand how the ai source code works. so I made a new ai. its not so professional but ai makes different kind of units a big army so many towers and barracks etc.. didnt finished yet..but after testing the game I realize that in 2x and 4x maps(sometimes in normal sized maps) when ai creates huge army it didnt control it very well.. just waiting to kill its huge army by the enemy.. I try to assing formations different units in ai source code. nothing changed..and also ai never builds different formations .only "36 square"..I opened dmcr exe with word pad and realize its in there..offcourse I couldn changed something about dmcr exe or it crashs.I think with engine source I can do something about ai behave... .now is it possible to find game source code ??I worked really hard on this mod and still working on it..
where should I ask for it ?? any help would be great

Have a look in the modding section on which files are responsible for this.

AvatarchikDate: Friday, 2016-01-22, 3:18 PM | Message # 17
Private
Group: Users
Fallen_KNiGHT_AC, Hello! Could you share the source engine Cossacks and American Conquest

ZuXelDate: Sunday, 2016-10-23, 0:46 AM | Message # 18
Private
Did you check this out https://github.com/GSC-fake/Cossacks-back-to-war seems truly cossacks engine source code

Message edited by ZuXel - Sunday, 2016-10-23, 0:47 AM

emasbakasDate: Sunday, 2016-12-04, 0:13 AM | Message # 19
Private
ZuXel, I can confirm that this source code is fully working. I'm still looking for American Conquest source code, I want to rewrite it to OpenGL and port to macOS and Linux. Does anyone have it?

ThePeaceKeeperDate: Sunday, 2018-12-09, 6:02 PM | Message # 20
Private
Hello, I made 2 mods for Fight Back for the past 2 years which add Cossacks' palisade walls and the Native American trade posts to European Nations and another that basically takes the USA and British factions from Divided Nation and gives them their own game basically, I've mostly reskinned the USA and British factions in vanilla Fight Back but there's still new stuff like the Sharpshooters and officers being able to make formations out of the USA militia.

Anyhow I would like to request access to the source code since I have encountered a huge bug with formations stopping when ordered to move on a long march and in general whatever mods that edit the exes are unlaunchable, like HEW, and Divided Nation also cannot be launched on Windows 10 for some reason, at least for me and many others.

Thank you in advance for any help with this, it would be really appreciated.

P.S.

Can we also update the graphics, as in with 3D models now so we can make "American Conquest 2" or is that a no-go?

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Wednesday, 2019-01-02, 11:30 AM | Message # 21
Colonel
Quote ThePeaceKeeper ()
P.S.Can we also update the graphics, as in with 3D models now so we can make "American Conquest 2" or is that a no-go?

You probably could upgrade the graphics, but a whole lot would have to be changed, the games palette for one, but you'd never get the same results like the Cossacks 3 units do because they are 3D model units, American Conquest displays the units as 2D sprites, you could definitely get the units looking a lot better (not to the level of the Cossacks 3 engine) but a somewhat clearer improvement. You could do this but would require re-rendering of units, if you have the spare time and knowledge this can definitely be done. Remembering American Conquest was released when most PC's ran 8MB-16MB RAM, low resolution graphics card and a Pentium 2 processor so the developers were limited on how much detail the graphics could have for the PC to be able to handle it, the systems these davs have no problem with this.

juanarielokDate: Thursday, 2019-02-21, 5:17 AM | Message # 22
Private
Hello sir,I would like to present myself Im a  medieval history apassionate of 20 yrs old,specially european medieval ages,and also a fan of the american conquest saga,which I use to play since 2008.I found this mod a time ago,and since then I wanted,I really wanted to take part of this mod,to help,with something,and I would like to do it.I could help graphically,with artworks,also modelling 3dstuff,find properly music.I hope you read this, Many thanks

emasbakasDate: Friday, 2020-02-28, 10:05 PM | Message # 23
Private
Nothing was done with the source code for many years. Could we get it released to public? I asked the developers, but they refused to give it because they sent it to few people, but nobody did any improvements.

cyberlordDate: Wednesday, 2020-10-14, 11:43 PM | Message # 24
Private
read my pm Fallen_KNiGHT_AC,

Message edited by cyberlord - Friday, 2020-10-16, 10:29 AM

Forum » American Conquest » Sword & Arrow: European Wars mod » American Source Code Has Arrived!!!!
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Free web hostinguCoz