Friday
2024-04-26
7:52 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS Main | Cossacks 2: Napoleonic Wars original screenshots - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » American Conquest » Game Discussion » Cossacks 2: Napoleonic Wars original screenshots
Cossacks 2: Napoleonic Wars original screenshots
Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 4:48 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Administrators
Here you can find the original Cossacks 2: Napoleonic Wars screenshots courtesy of [Hawk]Michael.

[Hawk]MichaelDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 5:12 PM | Message # 2
Sergeant
Group: Users
http://cossacks2.rts-game.com/index.php?menu=screenshots_c2nw&cat=jednotky

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 5:17 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
Cheers for that, looking good biggrin

[Hawk]MichaelDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 5:19 PM | Message # 4
Sergeant
i like them. those are defanately box modeled. i use poly modeling

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 5:47 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
I remember some of these images, from memory it was even questioned whether they were actually from Cossacks 2, I remember there was a thread on GSC-Games' forum with that night time picture around the camp fire and GSC-Pepsi said that the screenshot was not from Cossacks 2 as the game does not have any nighttime features.

[Hawk]MichaelDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 6:07 PM | Message # 6
Sergeant
those were taken in 3d max. so its not from the game itself. i can tell, becuase those are 3d models. the only thing 3d in cossacks 2 is the cannons and a few other things. not the units

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 6:18 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
Quote (|Hawk|Michael)
those were taken in 3d max. so its not from the game itself. i can tell, becuase those are 3d models. the only thing 3d in cossacks 2 is the cannons and a few other things. not the units

Yeh that's the impression I was under, the units are still treated as sprites in the game correct? This is how the engine can handle so many units, it's not too disimilar to Cossacks & American Conquest.

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 6:19 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
Would you recommend modding Cossacks 2, what are the up's and downs compared to American Conquest, I'm not a fan of Cossacks 2, mainly because it's a 3D engine, I love my 2D RTS games biggrin

[Hawk]MichaelDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 6:20 PM | Message # 9
Sergeant
cossacks 2, with the added 3d, can handle less then ac, atleast on my computer. i can get 16000 on ac. and i only get 2000 on cossacks 2 before i get lag

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 6:29 PM | Message # 10
Colonel
Yeh because of the extra computer resources it needs to run, that's why I'd prefer a traditional 2D engine over the 3D one, it's been proven that American Conquest really can handle 16,000 units on the map, and with todays computer specs, there isn't any lag, and more often than not you don't end up making that many units.

How do you rate the morale system in American Conquest compared to Cossacks 2? I just didn't play Cossacks 2 enough to get a feel for all the different aspects of the game, it just didn't grab me like Cossacks & American Conquest did.

[Hawk]MichaelDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 6:32 PM | Message # 11
Sergeant
theres ups and downs. i like boith. cossacks 2 has weather and a total war map

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 6:35 PM | Message # 12
Colonel
Quote (|Hawk|Michael)
theres ups and downs. i like boith. cossacks 2 has weather and a total war map

Can you expain the weather aspect a bit more? I thought this feature isn't really part of normal game play but something you can mod in the game, did GSC-Game disable this?

[Hawk]MichaelDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 6:41 PM | Message # 13
Sergeant
gsc disabled alot of shit. pardon my french. it was released way to early, weather is disabled. fire at will is disabled. the map generator was butched., but angel fixed that. i think it even had time.

http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/index/random_map_mode/0-256
http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/index/weather_effects/0-320
http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/index/how_to_change_the_total_war_campaign/0-262

and if u want me to help with the mod. we need to divey up the work
like. sence ive done it. i can change the total war campaign

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 6:49 PM | Message # 14
Colonel
Yeh I know it was rushed, because they based 3 games off the engine, the biggest problem was that GSC was approached to do Alexander- The Game and for a cash grab they started working on this, and this took resources away from Cossacks 2 development, because of the release date of Cossacks 2 (which is contracted by CDV) they had to rush the game to finish it, to make matters worse they then rushed the Cossacks 2 addon and not many changes (if any) were made to fix anything.

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 6:51 PM | Message # 15
Colonel
Quote (|Hawk|Michael)
and if u want me to help with the mod. we need to divey up the work
like.

Yeh definitely, I have seen your units (I love the Pikeman in your Pike and Shot mod) would absolutely love your work in the mod!

sence ive done it. i can change the total war campaign

What do you mean?

Forum » American Conquest » Game Discussion » Cossacks 2: Napoleonic Wars original screenshots
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Free web hostinguCoz