Saturday
2024-04-20
1:38 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS Main | American Source Code Has Arrived!!!! - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » American Conquest » Sword & Arrow: European Wars mod » American Source Code Has Arrived!!!!
American Source Code Has Arrived!!!!
Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Saturday, 2011-10-01, 3:22 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Administrators
Drum roll!......
After some discussions, I now officially have the American Conquest sources!! This is a massive, massive development not just for the Sword And Arrow mod but for RTS fans in general! We can now not only add new features to the game, but also fix bugs and issues! I am very excited that I can now add any features I wish to the game (within my programming limits). On goes my programming hat, I have much to learn!

I must also stress that the source code is not just available to anyone, I have given my word on this, the source code cannot be used for any commercial development, it has been provided as is to assist fans of the game that wish to develop the game or mods further, all this work must be provided free to any end user, under no circumstances can any commercial gain be made from this, this game engine and source code are protected by copyright and international law.

If anyone is interested in developing the dmcr v2 engine further or would like to help out with the Sword & Arrow mod, or is developing there own mod please let me know!

Please also note that we only want this kind of information to remain within the Cossacks & American Conquest community, we don't want the whole world to know about this for obvious reasons, please feel free to let any of the Cossacks & American Conquest forums know, but please limit to these only.

One last point, the biggest factor also is I would love it to be a shared resource, I'm hoping that anyone who develops new features for the game shares this with fellow modders and not keep it themselves, I will develop features and will share them with everyone, I am hoping others will do the same.

HWKStonewallDate: Saturday, 2011-10-01, 6:41 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Group: Users
I would like to try modifying the engine but I don't think I have time to learn C++ Scripting. Does this mean that we finally to make Formerly tantalizing things like rotating tank turrets, airplanes, and units that can shoot while moving?

[Hawk]MichaelDate: Sunday, 2011-10-02, 3:11 AM | Message # 3
Sergeant
if ur looking for a partner. im willing to join. i figured ac was dead without the source. and look what gets relwased haha

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Sunday, 2011-10-02, 7:14 AM | Message # 4
Colonel
Quote (HWKStonewall)
I would like to try modifying the engine but I don't think I have time to learn C++ Scripting. Does this mean that we finally to make Formerly tantalizing things like rotating tank turrets, airplanes, and units that can shoot while moving?

I does indeed, anything is possible when you have the sources because you can add and take away features that are hard coded to the engine and would otherwise not be able to be changed/modified or even added, so now if you have the right programming language you can add features that you have always dreamed of but thought would never happen.

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Sunday, 2011-10-02, 7:22 AM | Message # 5
Colonel
Quote (|Hawk|Michael)
hey mate. if ur looking for a partner. im willing to join. i figured ac was dead without the source. and look what gets relwased haha

It is true American Conquest was dying a slow death, but I still had faith in the game even if without the sources, but in saying that having the sources breathes a whole new life into the game!

It even has a proper patcher so we can issue patches like the official ones.

One thing I wan't to fix (this mainly applies to the Sword & Arrow Mod) is the wall bug, when you are in L mode/zoom mode you can't see any walls, it was never fixed in the final American Conquest because the game has no walls, but as we are using walls I would like to fix this small bug.

HWKStonewallDate: Sunday, 2011-10-02, 9:27 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant
@ Fallen KNiGHT AC
Are you going to start learning C++ programming? Or do you already know some?

[Hawk]MichaelDate: Sunday, 2011-10-02, 6:00 PM | Message # 7
Sergeant
i kow some. and i never had that bug when i played. here is what i think needs to be added / changed
walls
weather
firing while moving
more resorces ( so the egine can be used however and for what ever year)
mixed formations and whole formation placement
the server key problem
that ugly ass water haha
naval combat
fixig that huge map problem ( imagion the whole battle of iwo jima on one map )
day and night
some sort of REAL scoring system. so people dont fight to the last man
more campaigns ( i ca make maps)
and alot more

HWKStonewallDate: Sunday, 2011-10-02, 7:05 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant
Also, dont forget locking and unlocking gates.
Since we have the source code now, I think some of us will start learning C++. I have some links here:
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
http://newdata.box.sk/bx/c/

[Hawk]MichaelDate: Sunday, 2011-10-02, 8:00 PM | Message # 9
Sergeant
and also! lets set it up that units have block points, so they cant run into each other. like with formations, and lets make evreything distructable

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Monday, 2011-10-03, 12:13 PM | Message # 10
Colonel
Quote (HWKStonewall)
@ Fallen KNiGHT AC
Are you going to start learning C++ programming? Or do you already know some?

I am learning it, it's not something that happens over night, I also can get some good advice from a friend who can help out from time to time.

Quote (|Hawk|Michael)
i kow some. and i never had that bug when i played. here is what i think needs to be added / changed
walls
weather
firing while moving
more resorces ( so the egine can be used however and for what ever year)
mixed formations and whole formation placement
the server key problem
that ugly ass water haha
naval combat
fixig that huge map problem ( imagion the whole battle of iwo jima on one map )
day and night
some sort of REAL scoring system. so people dont fight to the last man
more campaigns ( i ca make maps)
and alot more

Yeh I am all up for that, the water idea I have had a little tinker with trying to use the Cossacks 2 water which I like, I am looking more into this, just haven't had much time for modding.

Which problem do you refer to with the huge map problem?

I was all for day and night as well which I posted in the "Source Code Ideas" but then thinking about it a bit more I realised this would be a mammoth addition because you have changing lighting and textures in the game among other things, it can be done but you would need someone programming this full time.
The weather system on the other hand wouldn't be as complex and I think would be an amazing addition that would affect troop movement, morale, firing accuracy etc. which are great dynamics added to your strategies.

With the walls you don't need to modify the sources at all, because dmcr v2 carries over all the code from the original Cossacks which had walls you can add them easily, I already have walls in the S.A.M mod:

Quote (HWKStonewall)
Also, dont forget locking and unlocking gates.

Also with this you don't need the sources to add this as the dmcr v2 engine carriers over all the code from the Cossacks game, I already have the locking/opening gates in the S.A.M. mod, it's a gate house with a draw bridge, I will post some screenshots when I get the chance.

[Hawk]MichaelDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-04, 0:34 AM | Message # 11
Sergeant
i refer to the fact that huge maps crach becuase the number of sprites

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 2011-10-05, 4:09 PM | Message # 12
Private
Quote (Fallen_KNiGHT_AC)
Please also note that we only want this kind of information to remain within the Cossacks & American Conquest community, we don't want the whole world to know about this for obvious reasons, please feel free to let any of the Cossacks & American Conquest forums know, but please limit to these only.

Thats very nice off you.

I have the HoAE 2 source code and the Cossacks 2 1.1 (patched) source.

I was wondering which version off the Cossacks 2 source it is you have ( 1.0, 1.1, 1.2)?

I have added you to my msn. Perhaps its easier to talk about it there?

Kind Regards

EbelAngel

You can find me @
www.cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk

HWKStonewallDate: Monday, 2011-10-10, 7:54 AM | Message # 13
Lieutenant
Many people in the Hawks club have trouble getting mods to work on their various computer versions. Would it be possible to moadify the game with the source code so that it will work for all computers?

[Hawk]MichaelDate: Monday, 2011-10-10, 8:53 AM | Message # 14
Sergeant
it works on all. the only real problem... is nivida cards...

Fallen_KNiGHT_ACDate: Saturday, 2011-10-15, 7:50 AM | Message # 15
Colonel
Quote (EbelAngel)
Thats very nice off you.

I have the HoAE 2 source code and the Cossacks 2 1.1 (patched) source.

I was wondering which version off the Cossacks 2 source it is you have ( 1.0, 1.1, 1.2)?

I have added you to my msn. Perhaps its easier to talk about it there?

Kind Regards

EbelAngel

Sorry for the slow reply I took a couple of weeks off modding I needed a break, PM sent.

Forum » American Conquest » Sword & Arrow: European Wars mod » American Source Code Has Arrived!!!!
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Free web hostinguCoz